QFS CHEMIST- REFINERY AND QUALITY CONTROL.
Sector/ Department: Production and Plant.
Reporting to: The Plant Manager.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine food safety and quality checks of Edible oils Like FFA, PV Color, MIV, SV, USM, IV etc.
- Specialty Fats analysis and packaging materials analysis Like labels and Corrugated Box.
- Assure that product meets or exceeds standards set forth by the company, GSO Standards.
- Manage the Hold and Release program for out of specification products, including the creation of Non-Conformance Reports.
- Follow, demonstrate, enforce, and participate in training of employees in all Quality and Food Safety programs, including awareness of GMPs, Pest Control, HACCP, SSOPs, Trace/Recall, Allergen, Good Laboratory Practices, and the Food Security program.
- Monitor production operations to include, but not limited to:
- Finished product analysis.
- Correct packaging materials.
- Correct labels.
- Correct Code dates and/or Use by Dates.
- Process Control.
- Sanitary conditions within the facility.
- Provide accurate reports to departments and customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace following all company safety procedures.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor/Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Gas Liquid Chromatography.
- TD- NMR for SFC Evaluation (BRUKER).
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Good Communicating skills.
- Sample Time Management Understandings.
- Good practice in Accurate Standardization of Lab solutions
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Technical degree or Master’s in Food Technology or Chemistry preferred
- Minimum 5 years laboratory experience in Edible Oil and Fats industries.
- Knowledge in laboratory instruments
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good computer skills.